(Photo credit: Richard Podgurski Jr / shutterstock.com)
No matter how sophisticated cocktails get, at the end of the day, most people just want something that’s super sweet and hides the taste of the booze.
A new study figured out the most popular cocktail in every state based on Google searches. And these five drinks won the most states . . .
- Whiskey Sour. It was the most popular in six states.
- Long Island Iced Tea, also six states.
- Moscow Mule, five states.
- Tequila Sunrise, four states.
- Mimosa, four states….including North Carolina. (We’re guessing this has something to do with a morning cocktail on the beach.)
And by the way, the Long Island Iced Tea was NOT number one in New York. Nor was the Manhattan. People in New York voted for the Moscow Mule.
Oh, and a Sex on the Beach was number one in two states: North and South Dakota. Which might just be further from a beach than any other two states in the country.