The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is making it easier for you to find free COVID-19 tests in your area. Click here to get info on testing events, test sites, getting a test from your doctor, ordering by mail, and where you may be able to pick up a free test in your community.
You should get tested for COVID-19 if the following are true:
- you have symptoms of COVID-19. Get tested even if you are up-to-date on your COVID-19 vaccines.
- you have come into close contact with someone with COVID-19. Get tested at least five days after you last had close contact with someone with COVID-19. The date of the last close contact is day 0.
- you are not up-to-date with your COVID-19 vaccines and have been prioritized for expanded community screening for COVID-19.
- you were asked or referred to get testing by your:
- health care provider, or
- state, tribal, local or territorial health department.
- you are traveling (get tested before and after travel).