Welcome to Beat the Broadcasters! If you’ve played in the past, you know how it all works. If you’ve never played before, we’d love to have you join us. It’s free to sign up, thanks to Under Construction Safety, and everyone is welcome to play. Get yourself registered, and log in every week to pick who you think will win each game.
Here are some important things to remember:
- We drop your worst 4 weeks. This is especially helpful if you started late or if you pick poorly in the playoffs where the games are worth a lot of points.
- If you don’t pick, the computer will still pick for you, but you can’t win a national prize for that week.
- You have to pick at least 11 of the 22 weeks yourself (just over half) to be eligible for an overall prize.
- Points are awarded as follows:
- Regular Season Games – 1 point
- Wild Card Round Games – 3 points
- Divisional Playoff Round Games – 4 points
- Conference Finals – 8 points
- Championship Game – 16 points
- The person with the most points locally at the end of the season will be crowned Beat The Broadcasters champion and will take home a La-Z-Boy recliner valued at $850 from Sound Furniture & Appliance in Cedar Point, a brand new 58-inch JVC Roku TV valued at $600, compliments of Town Pawn in New Bern, a $100 Bojangle’s gift card, a $100 gift card to Playback Video Games in Havelock, a trophy and the all important bragging rights for an entire year! You’ll also be competing nationally for weekly prizes, and a grand prize – a trip for two to Hawaii.